Spicy Chorizo Molletes
This dish is part Mexican comfort food, part breakfast classic turned dinner star! If you're a spice lover, say hi to your new favorite go-to dinner.
- 6 Thomas’® Original English Muffins
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb spicy chorizo
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ of a 7 oz can of chipotle peppers
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Split English Muffins with hands or a fork, spread each half with ½ tbsp butter, and place on baking sheet.
- Bring a skillet to medium-high heat and add spicy chorizo. Cook for 9–10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove and drain excess fat.
- In a food processor, blend refried beans, garlic, and chipotle peppers.
- Spread bean mixture onto each English Muffin half, followed by chorizo, and a sprinkle of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
- Top with pico de gallo and cilantro and eat up!
Find a store near you.
Get it delivered.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Original English Muffins
The original Nooks & Crannies® English Muffin. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and delicious any time of day.