The S.E.C. Breakfast Sandwich
Sausage, egg and cheese on a Thomas'® English Muffin. This tasty breakfast sandwich wakes you up better than any alarm.
- 4 Thomas’® Original English Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 4 slices American cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 °F and split English muffins with hands or a fork on a baking sheet, toast for 5-7 minutes.
- Form ground sausage into 4 inch patties (these will shrink when cooked).
- Bring a skillet to medium-high heat. Cook patties 2 minutes per side, flipping once. Remove from heat and pour out all but 1 tbsp fat.
- Bring the same skillet to low-medium heat and add 1 tbsp butter.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with heavy cream and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour in skillet and bring to low heat. Using a spatula, stir gently and fold edges over until curds form for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide eggs into 4 sections and remove from heat.
- Top muffins with sausage patties (any extra sausage can be frozen for later use), scrambled eggs and cheese slice. Add muffin top.
Find a store near you.
Get it delivered.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Original English Muffins
The original Nooks & Crannies® English Muffin. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and delicious any time of day.