Swirl Bread Tiramisu Bake
Swirl Bread Tiramis-who? The answer: Thomas’. This is not your average tiramisu, and that's what makes it so special.
- 12 slices Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 cups espresso, cooled
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- oil spray for greasing
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toast 12 slices Swirl Bread for 13 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring about 3" of water to a simmer.
- In a glass bowl big enough to sit on top of the pot, whisk egg yolks and sugar.
- Place bowl on top of pot and continue to whisk for around 8–10 minutes until egg mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk mascarpone cheese then gently fold into egg mixture with vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk heavy cream until peaks form. Gently fold into mascarpone mixture.
- In another bowl, mix cooled espresso with Grand Marnier.
- Grease a 9x13” baking dish.
- Begin dipping slices of Swirl Bread into espresso mixture and create one layer in the baking dish.
- Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the Swirl Bread layer, then repeat with dipping bread, layering and topping with mascarpone mixture.
- Dust with 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and chill for 2 hours.
Find a store near you.
Get it delivered.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
With cinnamon kneaded into every bite, our Cinnamon Swirl Bread is heavenly for breakfast or dessert.
View Product for Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Pleased to pita.