Southwest Eggs Benedict
This yummy Thomas'® English Muffins twist on a classic will have you craving southwestern food all the time!
- 2 Thomas’® Original English Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz sliced ham steak or Canadian bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa verde
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- hot sauce
- sour cream
- Set salsa verde out ahead of time, allowing the chill to come off.
- Prepare a large pot with water, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Bring to a low simmer/bubble.
- In a small skillet, pre-sear your ham or bacon until lightly browned. Set aside and cover to hold warmth.
- Carefully crack and drop eggs into poaching liquid. Make sure to crack them away from one another and try not to mess with them too much once dropped. Cook approximately 4 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.
- While eggs are cooking, split your English Muffins with hands or a fork and toast lightly. Once toasted, butter as desired and place the Muffins on two plates.
- Place one slice of cheese on each, topped with a warm piece of ham or bacon.
- Once cooked as desired, and using a slotted spoon, carefully remove your poached eggs and allow them to drip dry for a second. Place each egg to complete your tasty stack!
- Place 2 tbsp salsa verde over each egg, then splash with your favorite hot sauce and/or a dollop of sour cream and serve with tots. Enjoy & Bon Appetit!
Find a store near you.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Original English Muffins
The original Nooks & Crannies® English Muffin. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and delicious any time of day.