Haven't tried a Monte Cristo yet? Make your first with Cinnamon Swirl Bread and one-up the original. Lucky you.
- 2 slices Thomas’® Cinnamon Bread
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 slices ham
- 2 slices chicken
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raspberry jam
- powdered sugar
- Bring skillet to medium heat and add 2 tbsp butter.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and cream together. Dip bread in mixture and add to skillet. Cook for 2–3 minutes on one side and remove from heat.
- On a cutting board, smear the cooked sides of the bread with Dijon and jam, then add ham and slices of cheese. Place the slices together to form the sandwich, then smear the non-cooked sides with remaining butter.
- Place back in skillet and cook for 2–3 minutes per side until cheese is melty.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Find a store near you.
Get it delivered.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
With cinnamon kneaded into every bite, our Cinnamon Swirl Bread is heavenly for breakfast or dessert.
View Product for Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Take a bite on the bright side.