Mexican Hot Chocolate French Toast
Spice lovers and French toast fanatics, unite! If you love cocoa, you'll dig this Swirl Bread spin on Mexican hot chocolate.
- 6 slices Thomas’® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (plus extra for serving)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter
- whipped cream
- toasted coconut flakes
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, cocoa powder, sugar, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Dip each slice of Swirl bread in mixture.
- Bring a skillet with 1 tbsp butter to medium heat and add a bread slice, cooking for 2–3 minutes per side. Repeat for each slice adding more butter as needed.
- Stack French toast and top with whipped cream, marshmallows, toasted coconut flakes, and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Find a store near you.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
With cinnamon kneaded into every bite, our Cinnamon Swirl Bread is heavenly for breakfast or dessert.
View Product for Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Friends don’t let friends eat boring bread.