The Gravy Train
Sausage gravy on a Thomas'® English Muffin? Talk about timeless comfort food. It's a restaurant fave you can make at home.
- 6 Thomas’® Original English Muffins
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 4 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 °F and split English muffins with hands or a fork on a baking sheet, toast for 5 minutes.
- Bring a skillet to medium-high heat and add breakfast sausage, cooking for 5-6 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan reserving leftover fat.
- Bring heat to medium and add 2 tbsp butter to skillet and melt.
- Stir in 5 tbsp flour to form roux.
- Gradually whisk in 2 1/2 cups milk, pouring a little at a time until gravy has formed. Whisk in additional 1 tbsp flour at a time if gravy needs to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in sausage to gravy.
- In a separate skillet, bring to medium heat and add remaining 2 tbsp butter. Begin to crack eggs and fry, 4-5 minutes for sunny side up, remove from heat.
- Add fried eggs to English muffins and top with gravy.
Find a store near you.
Get it delivered.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Original English Muffins
The original Nooks & Crannies® English Muffin. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and delicious any time of day.