Fried Chicken & French Toast
Crowd-pleaser alert! If you're a fried chicken and waffles person, or even a Swirl Bread person, this one's for you.
- 4 slices Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 chicken breasts, each sliced in half
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- hot sauce
- Pound chicken breasts until 1½ inches thick.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk 2 eggs with ½ cup buttermilk.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and pepper.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture, then egg mixture, and then again in flour mixture.
- Heat 2 cups vegetable oil in a medium-sized Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken for 9–10 minutes, turning once.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs and 1 cup buttermilk.
- Dip Swirl Bread in egg mixture and cook in a skillet with butter over medium heat, 3–4 minutes per side.
- Grab two plates and stack divide your yumminess between them, laying down the Swirl Bread first, then topping with fried chicken.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, drizzle with syrup and your favorite hot sauce.
Find a store near you.
Get it delivered.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
With cinnamon kneaded into every bite, our Cinnamon Swirl Bread is heavenly for breakfast or dessert.
View Product for Thomas'® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Pleased to pita.