Fried Bologna Bagel
Do you hear the sizzle of the pan on a Sunday morning? This fried bologna sandwich is the perfect meal to satisfy all your cravings!
- 2 Thomas'® Everything Bagels
- 1 lb sliced Bologna
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 vidalia onion, cut into ½" rings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup cucumber, chopped
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- Place mayo, garlic, cucumber, and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast buttered Bagels until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Turn heat to medium high, add oil and fry Bologna until it begins to get crispy. Add cheese, allow to melt and set aside.
- Dredge onion rings in flour, dip in egg, and dredge in panko. Repeat the pass through egg and panko for extra crispy onion rings.
- Deep-fry in vegetable oil for 3–4 minutes until golden brown, set aside on paper towels and season with salt & pepper.
- Arrange Bagels, add Bologna and cheese, cucumber mayo, top with onion rings and Bagel tops.
Find a store near you.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Everything Bagels
If anything goes, you'll love our Everything Bagels. They're seasoned with a delicious blend of seeds, garlic and onion.