You can thank our friends Kris & Wesley for this mighty delish Thomas'® English Muffins twist on a classic Croque Monsieur.
- 4 Thomas’® Original English Muffins
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- ½ lb black forest ham, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until fully incorporated. Cook for 1 minute, whisking frequently.
- While continuously whisking, slowly add the milk to the flour mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 3–5 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in Dijon, salt & pepper.
- Split English Muffins with hands or a fork, then place the bottom half of the Muffins in individual baking dishes, or all in a 8x8"” baking dish.
- Slather on 2 tbsp of the prepared sauce over each Muffin bottom.
- Top with several slices of ham.
- Layer about 2 tbsp cheese on top of the ham.
- Place the tops of English Muffins on top of each sandwich.
- Slather another 2 tbsp of the sauce over the Muffin tops.
- Top with another few tablespoons of cheese over the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 5–6 minutes until the English Muffins are starting to brown on the edges, and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve right away with additional sauce on the side.
Find a store near you.
Get it delivered.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Original English Muffins
The original Nooks & Crannies® English Muffin. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and delicious any time of day.