Chickpea Hummus with Za'atar Dippers
If someone ever tries to tell you that English Muffins are only for breakfast, show them this lunch recipe and walk away.
- 6 Thomas'® Original English Muffins
- olive oil (for brushing)
additional - Za'atar seasoning
- ½ cup dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dried sumac
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
additional - crispy chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
additional - hummus
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (save the liquid)
- 2 tbsp liquid from chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus more for blending)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix together Za'atar seasoning ingredients.
- Split English Muffins with hands or a fork, brush each with olive oil, sprinkle with Za'atar seasoning and then cut each in half. Place on a baking dish and cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While your dippers cook, mix together crispy chickpea ingredients together in a bowl. Place on a baking sheet and roast in your pre-heated oven for 45 minutes or until crispy.
- In a food processor, add your hummus ingredients. Begin to blend while drizzling in more olive oil until smooth. Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Transfer hummus to a bowl, top with crispy chickpeas, and serve with your English Muffin Za'atar dippers.
Find a store near you.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Original English Muffins
The original Nooks & Crannies® English Muffin. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and delicious any time of day.