Chesapeake Eggs Benedict
Nothing like crab to level up your eggs benedict game!
- 2 Thomas'® Light Multi-Grain English Muffins
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1lb Maryland crabmeat
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 8 oz butter, melted
- salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, add all crab cake ingredients except the crabmeat. Once they are all incorporated, mix in the crabmeat, shape into 4 crab cakes and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Now prepare your Hollandaise sauce. Fill a small pot with around 2” water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add egg yolks to a glass mixing bowl that can fit over the pot of boiling water. Whisk in ? cup of water, then place the mixing bowl over the pot. Continue to whisk in a figure-eight motion, rotating the bowl and removing from the heat as needed, aiming for consistent, gentle heat. Take the bowl off the heat if the eggs are cooking too quickly and about to scramble. The mixture should be thick and have a fluffy consistency with a pale-yellow color.
- Remove from heat. Continue to whisk the egg mixture, add 1 tbsp lemon juice and slowly drizzle in the melted butter. Keep whisking until you reach a consistency you like, taste and season with additional lemon juice, salt, pepper. Keep in a warm place while you prepare the rest.
- In a skillet over medium heat, pan sear crab cakes 5–7 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- While crab cakes cook, bring a pot of water to boil. Once boiling, stir in vinegar and swirl the water in the pot. Crack eggs one at a time into pot, swirling the water before each egg.
- Once all four eggs are in the water, bring heat down to medium and boil for about 4–5 minutes.
- Once the eggs and crab cakes are ready to go, split your English Muffins with hands or a fork and lightly toast.
- Top each half with a crab cake, a poached egg, and a drizzle of Hollandaise sauce. Dig in and enjoy!
Find a store near you.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Light Multi-Grain English Muffins
A lighter take on our classic Multi-grain English Muffins. 100 calories and 8g of fiber make them the right choice any time of day.
View Product for Thomas'® Light Multi-Grain English Muffins
Your tastebuds’ best buds.