Carne Asada Torta Mini Bagels
This recipe proves that Mini Bagels can make a mighty lunch. Going back for seconds feels oh so good!
- 6 Thomas'® Plain Mini Bagels
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from 3 limes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 6 tbsp refried beans
- 6 tomato slices
- 6 tbsp mayo
- shredded lettuce
- red onion slices
- avocado slices
- pickled jalapeños
- cotija cheese
- In a bowl, mix together olive oil, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour mixture over skirt steak in a pan, then cover and chill for one hour or up to a day.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat and grill skirt steak for 3–4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 15 minutes. Once cooled, slice into thin strips.
- Split 6 Mini Bagels and lightly toast.
- Spread each bottom half with 1 tbsp refried beans, then stack with sliced steak, avocado slices, pickled jalapeños, a slice of tomato, shredded lettuce, onion rings, cotija cheese and 1 tbsp mayo on the top half.
Find a store near you.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Plain Mini Bagels
Our pre-sliced Plain Mini Bagels are perfect for kids, but make a great snack for adults, too.
View Product for Thomas'® Plain Mini Bagels
Let your tastebuds live a little.