Cali Veggie Bagel Burger
Do Meatless Mondays in under 30 minutes with this plant-based hunger buster: a Thomas'® bagel veggie burger.
- 4 Thomas’® Plain Bagel Thins
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup finely diced green peppers
- ½ cup finely diced red peppers
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- bean sprouts
- bibb lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375°F and split Bagel Thins on baking sheet. Toast for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- In a bowl add black beans, brown rice, eggs, garlic, green and red peppers, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mash together with a fork until fully mixed.
- Divide mixture into 4 patties.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat and add oil.
- Add patties and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until crispy, flipping once.
- Remove patties from heat. Add lettuce and black bean patties to bagel bottoms.
- Divide mashed avocado and spread on patties. Add bean sprouts and bagel tops.
Find a store near you.
One of our Faves
Thomas'® Plain Bagel Thins® Bagels
Light texture and delicious taste in a 110 calorie Bagel Thin bagel.
View Product for Thomas'® Plain Bagel Thins® Bagels
Think outside the blah.