Smoked Brisket English Muffin Sandwich
Created by Chef Matt Selby
Butter, room temperature
2 slices smoked gouda cheese
Colorado corn coleslaw
Green Chili 1000 mountain dressing
1 Thomas’® Original English Muffin
Colorado Corn Coleslaw:
2 ears corn on the cobb
½ cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
1 red radish, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
salt and ground black pepper
Green Chili 1000 Mountain Dressing:
3 egg yolks
½ cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp pickles, roughly chopped
2 Tbsp roasted green chilies, roughly chopped
½ tsp tomato paste
2 tsp shallot, finely diced
½ garlic clove, minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ lemon, juiced
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Prepare a smoker using the manufacturers instructions, setting a temperature of 250° F.
2. Generously salt and pepper the brisket, and then place in the smoker to smoke for 3 hours, until cooked through and tender. Remove from smoker, and chill to be able to slice.
Colorado Corn Coleslaw
1. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, and generously season with salt.
2. Place the corn cobs into the seasoned water, and blanch for 4 minutes.
3. Remove from the water and cool in an ice and water bath.
4. Shuck the corn kernels, and combine in a mixing bowl with the cabbage, radish, onion, cilantro, olive oil and lemon juice.
5. Mix together, and then season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
Green Chili 1000 Mountain Dressing
1. In a food processor or blender, process the egg yolks, and then slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil to emulsify. If mixture gets to thick, thin with a little water.
2. Pour sauce into a bowl, and then add the remaining ingredients up to the salt and pepper.
3. Whisk and season to taste with salt and pepper.
1. Place a nonstick sauté pan over high heat, and pour about 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in the pan. When oil is hot, lower heat to medium, and then crack the egg into the pan.
2. Season the egg with salt and pepper.
3. Slice the brisket into ¼ inch slices, and reheat in a 350° F oven for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Toast the Thomas’® English Muffin in a toaster, and generously spread with butter.
5. Place the hot and sliced smoked brisket onto one slice of muffin. Cover with 2 slices smoked gouda, and then place the hot egg, sunny side up, over the cheese and brisket.
6. Place Colorado corn coleslaw over the egg, cheese and smoked brisket, and then drizzle the Green Chili 1000 Mountain Dressing over the sandwich.