Sausage Link & Egg English Muffin Sandwich
Just like your favorite food truck, this spicy turkey link sandwich really hits the spot.
2 sweet red bell peppers
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup shallots, minced
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Ground black pepper
¾ cup vegetable stock
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
12 pre-cooked turkey sausage links
2 tablespoons butter
4 slices Colby Jack cheese
2. In a medium non-stick sauce pan, heat oil and cook shallots over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add peppers, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and vegetable stock and simmer until the peppers are cooked.
3. Using a blender, purée mixture until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese and set aside.
4. Toast four English muffin halves. While toasting, heat pre-cooked turkey sausage links in skillet or microwave.
5. To cook eggs sunny-side up, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add butter. Once melted, add four eggs. Cook until whites are cooked.
6. To assemble, top each English muffin half with red pepper sauce. Add 3 turkey sausage links to each half, top with Colby Jack cheese, and add sunny-side up egg.
7. Serve immediately.