Pulled Pork Benedict
Created by Chef Daniel Serfer
¼ C salt
6 Tbsp black pepper
6 Tbsp garlic powder
6 Tbsp onion powder
½ C smoked paprika
½ C brown sugar
3 whole onions, cut in qtrs (no skin)
10 whole garlic cloves
2 C red wine vinegar
1 C favorite BBQ sauce
1 C favorite mayo
12 pieces Thomas’® Original English Muffins (6 Whole Muffins)
12 whole eggs
2. Rub the spice mix very well all over the pork butt, let marinate for 1 day.
3. Place onions, garlic, and vinegar on bottom of a roasting tray, put pork on top of that, slow roast at 300° F for 6 hours.
4. Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour, then shred pork.
5. Strain the liquid from the solids that were on the bottom of the pan that the roasted pork came from.
6. Use the strained liquid to season the shredded meat, making it as vinegary as you want it.
7. Combine BBQ sauce and mayo.
8. Bring 1 gallon water to a simmer (160-175° F).
9. Poach eggs in the water for 5 minutes so you still have a runny yolk, carefully remove.
10. Toast the Thomas’® Original English Muffins, then place generous amount of pulled pork on top, following by a poached egg and a squirt of the BBQ sauce mayo mix.