Pork Roll & BEC English Muffin Sandwich
Created by Chef George Sabatino
2 slices Pork Roll
2 slices Bacon
1 Egg, sunny side up
2 slices American Cheese
2-3 Local Ramps, cleaned
2 Tbsp Hot Sauce Aioli
Hot Sauce Aioli:
1 Egg Yolk
2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
2 Tbsp Filtered Water
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 C Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Chopped Cornichons
¼ C Parsley Leaves, picked
¼ tsp Kosher Salt
2. On a grill or griddle, cook the ramps until soft and slightly blackened.
3. In a frying pan, cook the bacon on medium high heat until crispy, about 4 minutes. Put bacon to the side.
4. Using the fat rendered from the bacon, cook the pork roll until heated through and crispy, about 3 minutes. Add two slices of cheese on top of the pork roll to melt it.
5. Put the pork roll to the side and fry one egg sunny-side-up for about 2 minutes.
6. Split and toast a Thomas’® Original English Muffin. On both the bottom and the top, spread about ½ Tbsp of hot sauce aioli on the muffin. Then add the pork roll with cheese and the bacon. Add the egg, and sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Place the ramps on the top and the top half of the bun. Enjoy!
Hot Sauce Aioli
1. Combine egg yolk, hot sauce, water, and lemon juice in food processor. With machine running slowly, drizzle oil until emulsified and mayo is thick. Season to taste with a pinch of kosher salt.
2. Add the cornichons and parsley to the food processor and pulse a couple times, scraping the sides in between until the aromatics are small and well incorporated. Check seasoning and adjust with kosher salt if needed.