Original English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
Created by Chef Frances Kroner
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Slices of Goetta (¼-½”) OR 4 Thick Slices of Bacon, Fully Cooked
1 Tbsp Milk or Cream
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Shredded (or Sliced) Cheddar Cheese
2 Thomas’® Original English Muffins, Split in Half
Sriracha (To Taste)
2. Sear goetta (or bacon) on both sides in a hot, slightly oiled skillet until crispy on both sides (about 4 minutes per side).
3. Smear each side of the Thomas’® Original English Muffin with a little mayonnaise and put mayo side down on a sauté pan, or on a griddle. Toast until mayonnaise has caramelized and turned a golden brown.
4. Break eggs up and mix in milk with a fork or whisk.
5. Put a small amount of oil in a sauté pan and put eggs in. As they start to cook, they will slowly become opaque. Fold the sides in into the middle as they cook. When they are almost fully cooked, and all sides are folded in, turn off the heat and let them sit to finish cooking. They should be steamy when they go on the sandwich!
6. Sprinkle or lay the cheese on top and let it melt into the egg for a minute.
7. To assemble, layer one half of the Thomas’® Original English Muffin with the crispy goetta, egg and cheddar, sriracha and sautéed peaches, and top with the other half of the toasted Thomas’® Original English Muffin.