Maple, Bacon & Egg Bagel Sandwich
Created by Chef Douglas Katz
3 Tbsp whipped cream cheese
1 Tbsp finely cut chives
1 slice thick cut bacon
1 Tbsp local maple syrup
2 eggs, beaten
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1 slice local sharp Cheddar cheese
2. Cook your bacon using your preferred method until cooked to desired taste. We would recommend preheating your oven to 350° F, placing bacon on baking sheet with foil and cooking bacon for 15 minutes.
3. Cut bacon in half, brush with local syrup and set aside.
4. Heat a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, and then add butter. When butter is melted, add eggs, season with salt and pepper, and scramble to desired texture.
5. Top egg with cheese and allow to melt for one minute.
6. Spread cream cheese and chives mixture on both sides of the Thomas’® Plain Bagel, and then top with egg, cheese and bacon. Cut sandwich in half and serve.