Grilled Pineapple Pork Sammie
Aloha, new favorite weeknight dinner!
1 pork tenderloin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
2 slices pineapple
2 tablespoons Vidalia Onion Barbecue Sauce (or your favorite sauce)
2. Slice pork tenderloin into ½-inch-thick medallions. Lightly coat medallions with vegetable oil.
3. In a small bowl, stir together garlic powder, salt, dry mustard and pepper. Rub pork tenderloins with seasoning mixture to coat.
4. Place pork on hot grill, cover with lid and cook until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portions registers 155° (approximately 10-12 minutes per side). Remove from grill, and let rest on a clean plate for 10 minutes.
5. While pork rests, grill pineapple, flipping intermittently, until fruit begins to caramelize. Transfer to a plate.
6. Fork split English muffins and cook, split side down, on hot grill until lightly toasted.
7. Build sandwiches by layering 1-2 grilled pork medallions on each English muffin base. Top with 1 grilled pineapple slice, drizzle with barbecue sauce and cap with English muffin tops before serving.