English Muffin Frittata
Created by Chef Ryan Clark
1 lb pork chorizo (or turkey chorizo)
7 oz can roasted green chiles
8 oz Cheddar and jack cheeses, shredded and mixed together
12 eggs, large
1 C whole milk
½ bunch cilantro, chopped
1 tsp salt
2. Preheat oven to 350° F.
3. Heat a cast iron pan to medium heat and add the pork chorizo. Break the chorizo up and let the fat render as it cooks. Sauté the chorizo for 5 minutes and remove from the pan. Leave a coating of the chorizo fat in the pan.
4. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and salt until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, mix together the diced Thomas’® Original English Muffins, pork chorizo, roasted green chilies and cheeses. Combine with the egg mixture.
6. Fold in the cilantro and pour the mixture into the cast iron pan.
7. Bake the frittata at 350° F for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the frittata cool for 10 minutes before serving.
8. Slice and serve with your favorite salsa.