Easy Eggs Benedict English Muffin
Created by Chef Patrick Broadhead
1 slice smoked salmon
3 leaves arugula
1 slice of applewood bacon, split
Slice heirloom tomato
Spicy crushed avocado
Fried egg, poached
1 medium-sized Haas avocado
1 small serrano chili, seeded and minced
Sea salt, to taste
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp white vinegar
Sea salt, to Taste
Cracked pepper, to taste
1. Remove the pit from the avocado and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
2. Mash avocado lightly with a fork.
3. Add minced serrano, juice of ½ the lemon and 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste.
4. Mix gently so the avocado remains chunky. Set aside.
1. Heat water. Add enough water to come 1 inch up the side of a narrow, deep 2 quart sauce pot.
2. Add 1 tsp kosher salt and 2 tsp white vinegar and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
3. Meanwhile, crack one very fresh cold large egg into a custard cup or small ramekin. Use the handle of a spatula or spoon to quickly stir the water in one direction until it's all smoothly spinning around.
4. Add the egg(s) one at a time into the whirlpool, turn off the heat and cover the pot. Allow to sit, covered 4-5 minutes depending on desired level of doneness.
5. Remove the egg from the water with a slotted spoon and pat dry on a clean kitchen towel. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
1. Toast one Thomas’® Original English Muffin and spread with butter.
2. Top the bottom portion with 1 Tbsp avocado mixture, arugula, slice of tomato, bacon, smoked salmon and finish with the poached egg.
3. Top with the other half of the buttered Thomas’® Original English Muffin.