Country Fried Steak, Pimento Cheese & Egg Sandwich
Created by Chef Peter Haentjens
8 oz Choice Sirloin Steak
1 C Seafood Breader
1 C All Purpose Flour
2 Large Eggs
4 C Canola or Vegetable Oil
1 C Cheddar Cheese
2 Tbsp Monterey Jack Cheese
1 Tsp Gumbo Seasoning
¼ C Pimentos (drained and chopped)
¼ C Mayo
1 whole Egg
2 Tbsp Butter
1 cooked Country Fried Steak
2 Tbsp Pimento Cheese
1 Thomas’® Everything Bagel
1. Heat oil in sauce pot to 350° F.
2. Cut sirloin into 4 oz pieces.
3. Pound out sirloin until ½ inch in height.
4. Beat eggs.
5. Dredge sirloin with flour, place in egg wash then dredge with seafood breader.
6. Place sirloin in hot oil and fry until golden brown. Flipping the sirloin over after about 4 minutes.
Mix all ingredients well.
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Toast Thomas® Everything Bagel then spread butter on bagel.
3. Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a 9-in egg pan on medium-high heat.
4. Season egg with salt and pepper. Cook egg making sure not to break the yolk. Cook to desired temperature (over easy preferable).
5. Put a generous serving of pimento cheese on country fried steak and place in oven until the cheese is melted.
6. Place country fried steak on bagel and fried egg on top. Cut sandwich in half and serve immediately.