Cherry Bread Pudding French Toast Bagel
Created by Chef Christopher Mangless
2 C Milk
1½ C Heavy Cream
¾ C Brown Sugar
½ C Maple Syrup
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
1½ C Door County Dried Cherries
¼ C Butter, Unsalted
2. Generously, butter 9 x 9” glass baking dish.
3. Cut each Thomas’® Plain Bagel half into 6-8 pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Combine milk and cream in a medium saucepot and bring to simmer. Stir in sugar until dissolved and remove from heat.
5. Add maple syrup, spices, salt, vanilla and reserve.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, while slowly adding the milk mixture to temper.
7. Pour milk mixture over cut Thomas’®Plain Bagels and add dried cherries. Allow bagels to absorb milk for 10 minutes.
8. Pour into prepared baking dish, cover with foil and place in center of oven. Bake for about 40 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes until the custard is set.
9. Allow bread pudding to cool completely in refrigerator.
10. Once cool, slice into 1" thick slices.
11. Butter both sides of the bread pudding slices and place in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
12. Griddle for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
13. Serve warm with Door County maple syrup.