BBQ Breakfast Bagel
Created by Chef James Boyce
2 lb pork shoulder
1 can root beer (12 oz)
1 bottled barbecue sauce (18 oz)
6 sunny-side-up farm eggs
6 pickled okra
Green Tomato Relish:
1 small onion
¼ C white vinegar
½ jalapeño, diced
2 Tbsp yellow mustard
3 dashes Tabasco
2 Tbsp sugar
½ Tbsp salt
2. After the pork has cooked, drain and discard root beer. Shred pork and return to cooker. Then add barbecue sauce and mix thoroughly.
3. To make the green tomato relish, dice tomatoes and onion, and place them in a bowl. Add finely diced jalapeños, white vinegar, yellow mustard, Tabasco, sugar and salt. Mix well and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Cook farm egg sunny-side-up style.
5. Toast the Thomas’® Everything Bagel lightly on both sides.
1. Place equal amounts of warm pork on bottom halves of the toasted Thomas’® Everything Bagels.
2. Place a couple of spoonfuls of green tomato relish on top of the pork. Top with sunny-side-up egg and a piece of pickled okra and serve.