Bacon, Beer & Egg Bluegrass Bagel
Created by Chef John Castro
2 slices of bacon Kentucky beer cheese (see recipe below)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp chopped green onion
¼ C shredded potato
Kentucky Beer Cheese:
1 lb Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 C amber beer
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
2. Leaving 1 tsp of bacon fat in the pan, add shredded potato and cook until slightly crisp.
3. Add the green onion, egg and stir, forming a loose disc of scrambled egg.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Kentucky Beer Cheese
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
1. Toast bagel. Remove bagel from toaster and spread top side with beer cheese.
2. Add bacon, scrambled egg, potato and green onion mixture and place on bottom of bagel.
NOTE: If doing this for a large group the scrambled egg mixture can be poured into a muffin tin and baked until egg is cooked thoroughly. Multiply the ingredients per guest.