Avocado & Quail Eggs English Muffin
Created by Chef William Dissen
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
1 avocado, ripe
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ C radish, shaved thin
½ C pea greens
2 Tbsp pickled red onions (recipe below)
2 quail eggs
Pickled Red Onion:
1 red onion, sliced thin
½ C sugar
⅓ C salt
½ C white wine vinegar
½ C water
½ tsp pickling spice
1. Slice onions and place in a quart container.
2. Place remaining ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt.
3. Pour pickling solution over onions, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
1. In a small bowl, mash the avocado with 1 tsp of the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Turn on a toaster to medium high. Open Thomas’® Whole Grain English Muffin and drizzle both sides with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil. Toast until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).
3. Heat a small non-stick pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp of the olive oil. Add the quail eggs and gently cook just until the white is set (about 2 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
4. Evenly spread the avocado on each half of the Thomas’® Whole Grain English Muffin.