Ancho Chicken Burger
You’ll love the cool heat this slaw brings to grilled chicken and Nooks & Crannies® perfection.
1 pound ground chicken breast
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
Creamy Ancho Slaw (recipe follows)
Creamy Ancho Slaw Ingredients:
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon lime juice
1¼ teaspoons ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup red cabbage, shredded
1 large celery stalk, chopped
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
½ cup carrot, shredded
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 patties.
3. Place patties on hot grill, cover with lid and cook until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165° (approximately 5-6 minutes per side). Transfer patties to clean plate to rest.
4. Split English muffins with a fork, place split side down on hot grill and cook until lightly toasted, approximately 2 minutes.
5. Spread barbecue sauce on bottom half of each English muffin. Top with 1 grilled patty, 1 scoop Creamy Ancho Slaw and toasted English muffin top.
Creamy Ancho Slaw Directions:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, lime juice, chile powder, and sugar. Add cabbage, celery, cilantro and carrot, and toss to coat.
2. Add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Toss to combine thoroughly, then let rest at least 15 minutes before using.